Τρίτη 4 Ιουλίου 2023

Care

 




I'm so proud today. On the eve of our nation's birthday, my government sent me my Medicare Health Insurance Card, here in our little village in Italy --without my even asking for it. It won't be valid till November 30, when I turn 65, but better have it early rather than late.

I don't really need it because I already have Health Care, in Emilia-Romagna, in Italy, but receiving it brought a tear to my eye. I worked in what I loved to do, I created jobs by employing others and I brought up my son in a country he was proud of, and she was proud of him. And now I am given a pension and Medicare Health Insurance. The United States never fails to send us those little reminders of how proud we can be, if we choose to say: "I am an American".

The hot dogs and the cheeseburgers for 15 people in our yard on the Fourth will be extra tasty this year, under the flag from our house in Massachusetts, by the ocean, that I brought with me to Europe, and the larger flag that flew over the US Capitol in Washington DC for Costas in 2020 and was gifted to us. 

That's one of my photos on the t-shirt, from the website where my photos are sold in the States, https://pixels.com/profiles/dimitris-sivyllis. I had four t-shirts sent to Robert and Evie, and they brought them with them for our Fourth of July in San Benedetto in Alpe!

~~~

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Happy Fourth of July.





~~~



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημειώσεις σχετικά με τα σχόλια:

Η Αποθήκη Σκέψης δεν δέχεται "Ανώνυμα" σχόλια, γιατί μερικοί ανώνυμοι διάλεγαν να μην υπογράφουν καν με κάποιο όνομα κάτω από το σχόλιό τους. Ενώ ούτε η μπλογκική ταυτότητα ούτε ένα όνομα γραμμένο κάτω από ένα σχόλιο σημαίνουν τίποτα, η προδίδουν κανένα πραγματικό στοιχείο, η πλήρης ανωνυμία δείχνει απλά έλλειψη οποιουδήποτε σεβασμού προς τους άλλους σχολιαστές. Ζητώ συγγνώμη για αυτήν την αλλαγή από τους φίλους που υπέγραφαν τα ανώνυμα σχόλιά τους και ελπίζω να βρείτε έναν τρόπο να συνεχίσετε να σχολιάζετε όποτε θέλετε.


Για να απαντήσετε σε μεμονωμένα σχόλια, κάντε κλικ στο λινκ "Reply" κάτω από το κάθε σχόλιο. Για να συνεχιστεί η σειρά σχετικών σχολίων κάτω από ένα συγκεκριμένο σχόλιο πρέπει να πατάτε το λινκ "Reply" κάτω από το αρχικό σχόλιο της σειράς.

Για να γράφετε ανεξάρτητο σχόλιο πρέπει να χρησιμοποιείτε το κουτί σχολίων κάτω-κάτω χωρίς να πατάτε "Reply" προηγουμένως.